|This unholy specter stalks the deep places of the earth without fear, impervious to all conventional attacks.|
A revenant will commonly appear alone and is immune to conventional weapon damage. This rather unique attribute can put many builds at risk: a pure melee build will have obvious problems, but an ally build will suffer even more, since allies will optimistically continue to attack it until they are dead. As revenants do not regenerate their health, their usefulness as allies is somewhat suspect if you do not have a staff of healing or a healing ally.
Revenants are not immune to:
- Weapon runics (weapons of undead slaying and quietus can be used to kill a Revenant with a weapon without negating it first)
- Armor runics; e.g. mutuality
- The secondary effect of incendiary darts (fire)
- Negation, which will render them vulnerable to weapons
- Potion, staff, and wand effects
- Lava. A potion of confusion, weapon of force, staff of entrancement, or wand of beckoning can drop one in lava.
|The charming inhabitants of the dungeon: