|A filthy little primate, the tribalistic goblin often travels in packs and carries a makeshift stone spear.|
A Goblin exists just above the kobold on the Dungeons of Doom food chain. They are fairly easy to defeat, but in conjunction with their relatives, the Goblin Conjurer and Goblin Mystic, they can pose a credible threat to early adventurers. Their only noteworthy ability is their spear-type attack. As you move deeper, goblins will frequently appear worshiping a Goblin Totem.
Goblin reservations consist of several goblins, backed up by Goblin Conjurers, Goblin Mystics or Goblin Totems. Depending on the terrain, these groupings can be rather hard to dispatch. Some options are…
- Lure them out, one by one, by throwing a dart or otherwise getting their attention.
- Burn the totem with a Staff of Firebolt.
- Throw an cursed potion into the crowd.
- Negate the totems, and the spell casters too.
- Use a Staff of Discord to turn the goblins on one another.
- Use a spear, it’ll hit two goblins simultaneously, and they really hate it when you use their own tactics against them.
|The charming inhabitants of the dungeon: